Dance BFA and BA Audition Information
- Saturday, November 16, 2019 *
- Friday, February 14, 2020
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
On-Campus audition will include
- Ballet and modern technique classes
- Jazz, hip hop or African-Caribbean technique class
- One-minute solo performance (can be self-choreographed)
- Q&A session with current students and faculty
Check in begins at 9:30am. Auditioning students must wear solid-color, form-fitting clothing that covers full torso and legs to the knee with appropriate footwear (ballet or jazz shoes) and should be prepared to dance barefoot during modern and/or African-Caribbean classes. During the audition, parents are welcome to join an information session with Financial Aid, Housing, and Admissions experts.
Apply online at https://uwm.edu/arts/apply/dance/
Questions? Reach out to us at email@example.com
*Applicants enjoy the maximum opportunity for scholarships by applying in the fall of 2019.
TANIA TANDIAS FLAMENCO & SPANISH DANCE
FALL 2019 FLAMENCO EVENTS!
- November 1 & 3- Madison Opera’s la Traviata with members of Tania Tandias Flamenco & Spanish! Juan Carlos Díaz Vélez, Marybel Meier and Carlos Ramírez-Araujo will be featured dancers in the Zingarelle e Mattadori scene in Act 2! Choreography by Tania Tandias. Tickets on sale at Overture Center. https://www.madisonopera.org/2019-2020-season/la-traviata/
- November 2- Recuerdos Flamencos, 5th annual memorial scholarship benefit performance at Lakeside Street Coffee House, 402 W. Lakeside St., Madison! 7:30 pm, $15/$10 suggested donation. Featuring Milwaukee Flamenco guitarist Peter Baime, dancer Tania Tandias and the Jennifer Schmitz Memorial Scholarship winners: Andrea Chávez-Lázaro, Melissa Ganshert, Lauren Hodkiewicz and Wendy Samaca.
- November 9- Reception and “Works in Progress” with guest artist Emilio Ochando! 8:00 pm, Madison Ballet, 6734 Odana Rd. $20. Reception includes light refreshments and a brief performance of Emilio Ochando’s new works in progress, plus a question and answer session where you can get to know this amazing artist from Madrid, Spain! Contact Tania for tickets at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 250-0369.
- November 8- 11- Flamenco Dance Workshops with Emilio Ochando! https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9c49ef_547eac28c1884be8b909b354a53d7060.pdf
Dancers and Performers of all ages and experience
at John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Saturday, October 19, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Fan Dance. Photo by Victoria Sendra.
All body types and a range of dance experiences are welcome and encouraged!
Sunday, October 20, 1– 4 p.m.
Friday, December 13, 7:30 p.m.
To register for the audition/workshop, contact Angela Ramey at email@example.com or 920-458-6144.
Casting Call – John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Registration appreciated. Drop-ins welcome.
NYC-based choreographer Catherine Galasso will bring two modern dance works by the late choreographer Andy de Groat to the John Michael Kohler Arts Center. Both works, Get Wreck and Fan Dance are important dances from the 1970s. They require a local cast of interested and experienced movers to perform with Galasso and company. The two dances will be performed on a program that includes Galasso’s original work, notes on de groat.
2/21 – Eau Claire
2/22 – Monona
2/29 to 3/1 – Milwaukee
Interested in auditioning for Kids From Wisconsin? Have questions about how to prepare or what the audition day looks like?
Milwaukee Ballet launch their 50th anniversary by bringing Coppélia back to life! This ballet was the Company’s first, full-length production. Full of humor, mystery and romance, this light-hearted performance is perfect for ballet fans of all ages. Live music from Milwaukee Ballet Orchestra.
Dates: OCTOBER 17 – OCTOBER 20, 2019
This classical favorite follows the tale of a dancing doll created by the mysterious inventor Dr. Coppelius. The doll, Coppélia, is so lifelike that a villager named Franz falls in love with it. Swanhilda, who wants Franz for herself, concocts a clever plan to show Franz his folly.
Acclaimed Kathak Dancer Anindita Anaam is all set to take the stage in coveted Dance Series of Lawrence University in Appleton.
Venue: Esch Studio, Warch Campus Center
Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2019, 7:00 p.m. Appleton Wi.
Artist Profile: Anindita Anaam
Anaam has given numerous dance presentations as a soloist in India, Germany and USA. She has been invited for solo Kathak performance by highly illustrious “12th Delhi International Arts Festival 2018” as an International performer of Indian Art in India Habitat Center Delhi. Anaam was the featured Kathak performer for New York Kathak Festival 2019 at the prestigious Alvin Ailey New York Theater and was also invited as a workshop artist for Kathak in the famous Miles of Music Festival. Anindita is one of the few dancers in USA to collaborate impromptu with Grammy Award winner Vishwa Mohan Bhatt on his compositions accompanied by Vineet Vyas on Tabla and has been appreciated for her performance by the maestro himself. Anindita is the first Indian classical Kathak dancer in the state of Wisconsin USA to be serving as the ‘Secretary’ of prestigious Wisconsin Dance Council, the state affiliate of National Dance Education Organization.
The concert features Indian classical dancer Anaam in a special guest performance and Irish band Four Shilling as the ‘Artist for the night’!!
FOUR SHILLINGS SHORT –
The husband/wife duo of Aodh Og O’Tuama from Cork, Ireland and Christy Martin from California, have been performing together since 1995, tour in the US and Ireland, are independent folk-artists. They perform Traditional & Original music from the Celtic Lands, Medieval & Renaissance Europe, India and the Americas on over 30 World instruments including Hammered & Mountain Dulcimer, Mandolin, Mandola, Bouzouki, Tinwhistles, Recorders, Medieval and Renaissance Woodwinds, Native American Flutes, North Indian Sitar, Charango, Bowed Psaltery, Banjo, Bodhran, Guitar, Ukelele, Doumbek, Percussion, vocals and even a Krumhorn.
Anindita Anaam would be performing a special Kathak piece combining her classical art with Christy Martin on Sitar playing Raga Yaman. The improvisation would be on spot. It is going to be one of its kind performance.
Indian Snacks can be bought at the venue!
Tickets sale: $15 (available at the door)
Time: 7 pm onwards
Venue: 2411 Riverside Ave, Marinette Wi
For more details, contact: Ric Doonbali firstname.lastname@example.org OR WildRice.email@example.com
Sign up for Jam Session with Ms Tamika on Saturday Aug 24 at Dance Now Studios!
Hosted at Dance New Studios, 344, Rosendale Street Beaver Dam, Wi – 53916