UWM HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER DANCE INTENSIVE
JULY 29 – AUG 2
LEARN NEW TECHNIQUES & ELEVATE YOUR DANCE PRACTICE.
Enroll in ?the Peck School of the Arts debut High School Summer Intensive.? For dancers ages 15-18!
This week-long workshop is led by dance professors whose?portfolios range from Cirque de Soleil to Switzerland, Beijing to the Milwaukee Ballet. ?High school students will work with acclaimed dance educators in daily workshops to prepare for college auditions, performance competitions and build esprit de corps among emerging dance artists.
High School Dance Intensive faculty include:
- Assistant Professor Daniel Burkholder – Somatic Practice and Feldenkrais Workshops
- Visiting Assistant Professor Mair Culbreth – Improvisation Workshop
- Associate Lecturer Gina Laurenzi – Jazz and Repertory workshops
- Lisa Moberly – Pilates Workshop
- Lecturer Annie Melchior – Yoga Workshop
- Kaley Pruitt – Contemporary Practice Workshop
+ Professional headshots
+ Interviews with dance and performing arts leaders in the community
+ Career exploration sessions focused on applying to college and crafting a resume
+This exciting week concludes with a dress rehearsal performance from the internationally acclaimed, Milwaukee-founded Ko-Thi Dance Company and a farewell party for dancers and faculty.
DETAILS AND DEADLINES
- $350 tuition includes lunches, snacks and professional headshots
- University housing is available for four nights/five days for an additional $126 (fee includes linens, towels and box office charges).
- Priority enrollment deadline is June 30. Late enrollment is possible through July 26 for an additional $50.
- Email the High School Dance Intensive faculty at email@example.com or visit us online arts.uwm.edu/pre-college