Dance BFA and BA Audition Information
- Saturday, November 16, 2019 *
- Friday, February 14, 2020
- Saturday, March 28, 2020
On-Campus audition will include
- Ballet and modern technique classes
- Jazz, hip hop or African-Caribbean technique class
- One-minute solo performance (can be self-choreographed)
- Q&A session with current students and faculty
Check in begins at 9:30am. Auditioning students must wear solid-color, form-fitting clothing that covers full torso and legs to the knee with appropriate footwear (ballet or jazz shoes) and should be prepared to dance barefoot during modern and/or African-Caribbean classes. During the audition, parents are welcome to join an information session with Financial Aid, Housing, and Admissions experts.
Apply online at https://uwm.edu/arts/apply/dance/
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Applicants enjoy the maximum opportunity for scholarships by applying in the fall of 2019.
TANIA TANDIAS FLAMENCO & SPANISH DANCE
FALL 2019 FLAMENCO EVENTS!
- November 1 & 3- Madison Opera’s la Traviata with members of Tania Tandias Flamenco & Spanish! Juan Carlos Díaz Vélez, Marybel Meier and Carlos Ramírez-Araujo will be featured dancers in the Zingarelle e Mattadori scene in Act 2! Choreography by Tania Tandias. Tickets on sale at Overture Center. https://www.madisonopera.org/2019-2020-season/la-traviata/
- November 2- Recuerdos Flamencos, 5th annual memorial scholarship benefit performance at Lakeside Street Coffee House, 402 W. Lakeside St., Madison! 7:30 pm, $15/$10 suggested donation. Featuring Milwaukee Flamenco guitarist Peter Baime, dancer Tania Tandias and the Jennifer Schmitz Memorial Scholarship winners: Andrea Chávez-Lázaro, Melissa Ganshert, Lauren Hodkiewicz and Wendy Samaca.
- November 9- Reception and “Works in Progress” with guest artist Emilio Ochando! 8:00 pm, Madison Ballet, 6734 Odana Rd. $20. Reception includes light refreshments and a brief performance of Emilio Ochando’s new works in progress, plus a question and answer session where you can get to know this amazing artist from Madrid, Spain! Contact Tania for tickets at email@example.com or (608) 250-0369.
- November 8- 11- Flamenco Dance Workshops with Emilio Ochando! https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/9c49ef_547eac28c1884be8b909b354a53d7060.pdf
Dancers and Performers of all ages and experience
at John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Saturday, October 19, 11 a.m.–1 p.m.
Fan Dance. Photo by Victoria Sendra.
All body types and a range of dance experiences are welcome and encouraged!
Sunday, October 20, 1– 4 p.m.
Friday, December 13, 7:30 p.m.
To register for the audition/workshop, contact Angela Ramey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-458-6144.
Casting Call – John Michael Kohler Arts Center
Registration appreciated. Drop-ins welcome.
NYC-based choreographer Catherine Galasso will bring two modern dance works by the late choreographer Andy de Groat to the John Michael Kohler Arts Center. Both works, Get Wreck and Fan Dance are important dances from the 1970s. They require a local cast of interested and experienced movers to perform with Galasso and company. The two dances will be performed on a program that includes Galasso’s original work, notes on de groat.