The Wisconsin Dance Council honors individuals who have made outstanding contributions to dance in the State of Wisconsin by recognizing them at a ceremony held biennially.
Any Wisconsin Dance Council member in good standing can nominate someone for consideration.
Nominations are currently being accepted until December 15, 2019, for the 2020 ceremony.
In order to be considered for a Wisconsin Dance Council Award in 2020, the following materials must be submitted to the Wisconsin Dance Council by December 15, 2019.
- The person being nominated for an award is required to submit a brief biographical summary, a curriculum vita and/or resume, and “head shot” photograph and at least three additional photographs of the nominee teaching, performing, or volunteering.
- The biography and resume will be shared with the individuals that are writing the letters of recommendation.
- The Wisconsin Dance Council member making the nomination fills out the Wisconsin Dance Council Award Nomination Form, writes a letter of recommendation, and submits the Nomination Form and the recommendation letter at the same time.
- Two additional letters of recommendation from Wisconsin Dance Council members in good standing are required (minimum of three total letters to be considered–one letter from the person sending in the Nomination Form and at least two additional letters).
- Additional material as requested if the nominee will be honored
Send Nomination Materials to:
Wisconsin Dance Council Award Ceremony Committee
Post Office Box 1082
Sheboygan, WI 53082-1082
or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wisconsin Dance Council has a list of previous award recipients.